Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Swiss Chicken from Jan. 31, 2010

For my great friends who sometimes complain that they are in fact, Cuisine Challenged, I wanted to share this great recipe with them. Swiss Chicken Bake has been a staple around my house since I graduated from college. I have used this dish as both a comfort food and to entertain others at gatherings. I am including the recipe below and media of how to prepare and cook.





6 chicken breast

1/3 white wine

1 cup bread crumbs

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 stick of butter

6 slices of swiss cheese

6 strips of bacon.

Preheat the oven to 350. In a lightly greased glass baking dish, place the chicken in a single layer. Next, add a strip of bacon on top of each piece of chicken and top with a slice of swiss cheese. Combine the cream of chicken soup and the white wine and pour over the chicken. Add 1/2 a stick of melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Use the other 1/2 stick of butter to drizzle over the bread crumbs. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment