Saturday, June 19, 2010

Santa Fe for a Day

Easy is always a must whether you are cooking in the summer or winter, for one or twenty-one. When it's hot outside, I hate to cook a huge meal and make the kitchen hot. Who actually wants to get hot, even break a sweat, and then try to eat a meal? I am not keen on the idea, and I know you aren't either. So how does one prepare a great meal, with a minimum of effort and still not heat up the kitchen? I will say for some friends scared of cooking, they would simply say, "Well there is that quote about heat and staying out of the kitchen." I like to keep it cool in the kitchen, but who wants to eat the same thing over and over again? Spaghetti is a simple meal. I hate spaghetti. Those of you who know me are laughing at this point as I complain about spaghetti frequently. However, I have a better use of noodles….


 

Santa Fe Pasta

I package of Angel hair pasta

2 jars Alfredo sauce

8 chicken breast halved (skinless/boneless)

2 tbs. cumin

2 tsp. red pepper

2 tsp. garlic

1 can black beans

Shredded Monterrey jack cheese

Tortilla chips


 

Sauté chicken until cooked completely and liquid runs clear. While chicken is cooking, boil angel hair pasta for 8 to 10 minutes and drain. Heat Alfredo sauce and combine with cumin, red pepper, and garlic. When chicken in cooked, dice and combine with drained noodles and Alfredo sauce. Let mixture simmer over low heat. Warm black beans.

TO SERVE: Place noodle mixture on dinner plate. Top with black beans and shredded cheese. Garnish with tortilla chip.

  • Variation for this recipe include using shrimp instead of chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment