Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Dollywood- Home Spun Fun

 COVID is in recession, we hope, and life is struggling to return to normal. So today Ben and I vertices out with our newly minted Season’s Passes to Dollywood. I don’t like to brag, but our Gold Level Passes entitled us to free parking. We paid for the free parking by being sent to parking lot E. E is am sure stands for everyone in the world was fighting for a parking space there. However, once parked, the magic of Dollywood swept over me like a summer breeze sitting on my Nanny’s porch snapping beans or sucking corn. 

You see for a many generations, there have been struggles about likes and dislikes. Dolly Parton seems to be a great common ground. She sings from her heart- she tells her story by in fact telling all of our stories. Whenever I listen to the profound words of Dolly Parton, be it in a quote or from a song, I am inspired. 

As I walked through the park and hummed along with her songs, I realized it wasn’t about the rides or the food- well maybe that cinnamon bread was more important to me than it should have been- it was about being with my family and my friends. 

Dolly inspires us to be at our best, always and forever. 

“Dream more, learn more, care more, be more.”

-Dolly Parton


Thank for your inspirational words. Thank you your own magical country kingdom- but most important thank you for teaching us to be our best!



No comments:

Post a Comment